From:
"Ardiles, Paola" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2011 16:30:39 -0800
In case you are interested in reviewing  please contact Janaki Jayanthan at (605) 875-2424 ext. 5635 or at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. to send you the documents for review or for more information.
Cheers,
Paola

________________________________

Re: Reviewing an international framework on self-management support (SMS)

We would like to invite you to be a *reviewer of an international framework on self-management support (SMS) for chronic conditions*. We need your input to ensure that the key principles and strategic directions outlined in the framework will be relevant and helpful in multiple contexts and local environments. The purpose of the framework is to help stakeholders in a variety of sectors (policy makers, health-care professionals, local decision makers, service providers, chronic condition-related organizations, consumer advocates, researchers and health-care payers) influence self-management-related policy, practice and research for chronic conditions.

If you would like to review the framework, please access the survey at this link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MNQRF29. In this email, we have attached a copy of the draft framework and we recommend that you review it prior to completing the survey.

** Please complete this survey by March 15, 2011. **

The draft framework has been collaboratively developed by a group of researchers, policy makers, practitioners and consumers in Canada, the United States, Australia, the United Kingdom and New Zealand who participated in a roundtable meeting in June 2009 in Vancouver, Canada. The results of the survey will be synthesized and used to develop a final framework that will be broadly disseminated in 2011. The project is funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research.

We are *seeking additional reviewers* to provide feedback on the framework. If you have any suggestions for individuals/organizations that should be participating, please forward them the draft Framework and link to the survey.

Should you have any questions or problems with the survey process, please do not hesitate to contact me at the number or e-mail address provided below.  You can also contact my Research Assistant, Janaki Jayanthan at (605) 875-2424 ext. 5635 or at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Thank you for taking the time to review the international framework. Your input is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Dr. Sue Mills (Principal Investigator), on behalf of the CCSMS Framework and COP Project Team
New Investigator, British Columbia Centre of Excellence for Women's Health
Clinical Assistant Professor, University of British Columbia
Vancouver, Canada
(604) 875-2424 ext. 5382