From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:36:25 -0500
https://www.cspi.org/motion.asp?siteid=100366&lgid=1&menuid=5376&prodid=120372&cat=9869

http://www.yorku.ca/yfile/archive/index.asp?Article=11975

Book Launch
Thursday, February 19, 2009, 5:30 PM ? 7:00PM
Riverdale Public Library,  Broadview and Gerrard Streets, Toronto

An Introduction to Health Policy
by Toba Bryant

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Preface
Chapter 1: Introducing Health Policy and Policy Studies
Chapter 2: Ways of Knowing: Health Policy and Health Studies
Chapter 3: Theories of Public Policy
Chapter 4: Understanding Policy Change
Chapter 5: Influences on Public Policy
Chapter 6: Overview of the Canadian Health Care System
Chapter 7: Health Care Reform in Canada
Chapter 8: Markets and Health Policy
Chapter 9: Health Policy in Broader Perspective: Welfare States and Public
Policy
Chapter 10: Canadian Federalism, the Canadian Social Union, and Health
Policy
Chapter 11: Globalization and Free Trade
Chapter 12: The Future of Health Policy in Canada

----------------------
With a strong comparative and international element, this engaging book
analyses the process, implementation, and outcomes of health policy in
Canada. Of interest to a variety of disciplines, including nursing, social
work, health sciences, medicine, and health policy, it is written for
those studying or working in the health sector.

?The book does a good job of describing the basic principles and the
shifting sands of the policy picture in Canada. I found it helpful for my
own reflections on what has been happening in public health policy. I
really like the fact that the book discusses social equity and
determinants of health as well as health care. I think this book fills a
gap in the policy literature in Canada.?
        ? Suzanne Jackson, Director, Centre for Health Promotion,
University of Toronto

Toba Bryant is a co-editor of Staying Alive: Critical Perspectives on
Health, Illness, and Health Care as well as a contributor to Social
Determinants of Health: Canadian Perspectives. She is an Assistant
Professor of Sociology at York University and an Associate of the Centre
for Urban and Community Studies at the University of Toronto.

Copies of the book will be available and light refreshments will be
served.
Book can be ordered at
https://www.cspi.org/motion.asp?siteid=100366&lgid=1&menuid=5376&prodid=120372&cat=9869
ISBN 978-1-55130-349-9