From:
"Ardiles, Paola" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 2009 13:50:53 -0700
FYI

From: Andree Dupont [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2009 12:18 PM

To Whom It May Concern:

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce to you the Disability Health Promotion Network (DHPN), a new on-line health promotion resource from the Society for Manitobans with Disabilities (SMD). Our goal is to provide credible and timely health information for people living with disabilities and seniors living with disabilities. In the absence of the Canadian Health Network ,  SMD thought that it was important to continue to provide an online health promotion tool for the groups of people that our organization serves.

The Disability Health Promotion Network is an on-line database which provides links to health information from a wide variety of sources in Manitoba, Canada, the United States, as well as other key international sources.  We provide a variety of resources, for consumers seeking health information, professionals looking for the latest research, teachers looking to better understand a student with a disability, and much more.

The DHPN includes Frequently Asked Questions, and Articles written by experts in their field on topics and issues facing people living with disabilities and seniors living with disabilities. Users are able to brows our website in 3 different ways. The first being a simple search by entering a keyword/s into the search box. There is the A-Z index, which allows you to search the site by topic. Lastly there is also the Contributors List which lists the organizations who contribute content to the DHPN. By clicking on a Contributor you will be able to review a list of the resources from that organization.

In the past your organization was a Network Contributor for the Canadian Health Network (CHN), I would like to ask your permission to continue to link to your organization's website and the individual resources?

I would also like to invite you to review the DHPN and provide and feedback that you may have. If there is any new information on your website that you would like to have featured on the DHPN please feel free to point it out. Also, if you would like to add the DHPN as link on website, please feel free to do so as well.

At your convenience, please have a look at our website.

http://dhpn.smd.mb.ca/

I look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me.

Andrée Dupont

Information Services

SMD Alliance

825 Sherbrook Street