Sender:
From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 2019 14:58:22 +0000
folks, I believe some of you will be interested:

Perhaps this is predictable (it's really, really hard to depict these histories to everyone's satisfaction at the current moment): but the controversy over the new film Harriet is for real (even though it has a full 99% audience-like rating on rotten tomatoes).
& ps: I have encouraged my own students to see it (they all read Uncle Tom's Cabin & Douglass' Narrative this semester):  I'd love hearing anyone's thoughts about the film, as either a teaching device or just an aesthetic/historical account.

https://www.theroot.com/despite-controversies-cynthia-erivo-as-harriet-tubman-1839590139

Dr. Hal Bush

Professor of English &

Director of the Undergraduate Program