Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Dec 2019 20:24:22 -0600
From:
Barbara Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
I checked two historical newspaper databases which are subscription based
-- newspapers.com and genealogybank.com for keywords Cuddles Forbell for
the years 1929-1934. Newspapers.com had 712 hits featuring the comic strip.
Genealogybank featured 203 hits.  One hit from the San Francisco Chronicle
announced "Cuddles"  -- a new departure in newspaper humor. A 1929 Flapper
Goes Back to 629 A.D.!"  The strip was scheduled to begin in the Chronicle
on Monday, March 4, 1929.

A free historical newspaper database at elephind.com features 57 of the
strips searching on the same keywords.  I think using a combination of the
subscription databases  as well the the free databases, you might be able
to recover a large number of  these strips.

Barb