Sender:
From:
Clay Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 13:15:07 +0000
At the end of chapter XXIII (23) of "Roughing It," Twain wrote:
We made many trips to the lake after that, and had many a hair-breadth escape and blood-curdling adventure which will never be recorded in any history.

Did he keep to this? I don't recall any other mention of these real-or-imagined "hair-breadth escapes" or "blood-curdling adventures." Where there any other mentions of it?

If not (as I believe there are not), are there any theories about what these consisted of?
- B. Clay Shannon