From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2019 17:49:53 +0000
I am so grateful to hear of this, thanks.  I know many of you recall that haunted evening up on the hillside at Quarry Farm, when Hal #1 (Holbrook) told the story of his encounter with Nina in an alcoholic haze.  There are remnants of this well-known episode among Twainiacs of Hal's moving tale, and here is one place it's been recorded for posterity...

http://quarryfarm2009.blogspot.com/
[http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UuXVz3ayTyQ/SocQb1yRcTI/AAAAAAAAABU/sVhWgr2sHdU/s320/IMG_0097.JPG1zS%02]<http://quarryfarm2009.blogspot.com/>
Hal Holbrook at Quarry Farm<http://quarryfarm2009.blogspot.com/>
Joe Csicsila lighting Hal Holbrook's Cigar. There are moments in one's life that you know you will tell stories about for years--maybe 5 or 10 or even 20--but there are few stories you know, at the time, that you will tell for the rest of your life.
quarryfarm2009.blogspot.com

Dr. Hal Bush

Professor of English &

Director of the Undergraduate Program