From:
Mac Donnell Rare Books <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 2019 00:02:27 +0000
I admit that those kinds of things bother me too, but they all fall
under the rubric of what I call "Twain'ts"--any use of Twain's
characters, titles, plots, themes, or even Twain himself in the work of
another author. This includes pastiches, plays, movies, modern novels,
comic books, sequels, and the like. Some like FINN are superb; others
not so much, but they all are reflections of the culture and Twain's
place in it. They began in Twain's lifetime when W D Howells and Henry
James modeled characters in their works after Twain.

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books
9307 Glenlake Drive