Sender:
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:16:46 -0400
7bit
From:
Lisa Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Hello Sylvia,

My name is Lisa Mitchell and I am a Project Coordinator at the Heart Health
Resource Centre in Ontario, Toronto.  Specifically our resource centre is
mandated by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care to support the Ontario
Heart Health Program through increasing the local community capacity of 37
heart health networks to plan, implement and evaluate comprehensive,
multi-risk factor heart health programs.  We focus on training,
consultation, resource development and dissemination to assist heart health
networks at the community level.  This is slated to be the final year of
program funding, although we in Ontario are hopeful that this program will
take on a new, enhanced life and transform to encompass a broader chronic
disease prevention focus.  A number of the heart health networks have
started the process of evolving into chronic disease model.

The majority of these networks are staffed by public health practitioners
and many of the activities/strategies undertaken by networks employ a
population health approach.

I would be pleased to offer you more detailed information if you would like
to connect with me personally.

Lisa Mitchell
Program Coordinator
Heart Health Resource Centre
468 Queen Street East
Suite 202
Toronto, Ontario
M5A 1T7
(416) 367-3313 (ext 236)
Fax: (416) 367-2844

Speak out on the future of Canada's Public Health care!

Contact the Romanow Commission on the Future of Health Care at:
http://www.healthcarecommission.ca/
1-800-793-6161