From:
Cathy Ward-Griffin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 13:45:27 -0400
Good afternoon Sophie:

As co-leads of the Pesticide Committee (OPHA Environmental Health Workgroup)
Franca and I spoke on the phone last week re: West Nile. We noticed that the
OPHA web site listed a number of municipalities and their West Nile
activities. Do you know who is updating and monitoring this information?
Also, is anyone evaluating the funding issue that the provincial government
has proposed with respect to implementing a larvacide program (shared costs
50/50 with the municipalities)? We were concerned about the impact that this
may have on some municipalities such as rural municipalities or ones that
feel they can not cover the costs.

Finally, could you put a notice up on the web and/or newsletter requesting
interested members to contact Franca or me if they are interested in joining
the pesticide committee--Other than myself, all other members are from the
GTA- we are hoping to attract members who represent  a variety of
municipalities (e.g. rural and urban).

Thanks in advance!

Cathy

********