From:
randy abel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:47:30 -0800
On 16 Jan 2008 at 12:28, Horn Jason wrote:

> Of course, if you mean Twain, let me humbly add that he did not
> consistently oppose "American Imperialism."

Many of us have come to this forum having had a ¡°This ain¡¯t the Mark Twain
I was force-fed in school!¡± epiphany. For me it was Twain¡¯s
anti-imperialism that sparked my adult interest in his works, but only after
my having consistently (and honorably) supported American imperialism with
my sweat, intelligence and, ultimately, my Soul during Desert Storm service.
It¡¯s my sincere hope that there are many lurking, stir-able others whose
hero-worship of the straight-talking Uncle Sam is of a similar bent, and my
fervent War Prayer that this forum will play a role in somehow rectifying
the grievous oversight that the anti-imperialist Clemens IS THE MARK TWAIN
WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN FORCE-FED IN CIVICS CLASS.

  What century is this again?

  Randy Abel