From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2010 16:38:23 -0500
I want to thank Benjamin Griffin for taking the time to offer a very
reasonable explanation. I did not notice the mention of Kiskis's
introduction to his edition along with the studies by Cox, et al.

To focus only on those editions that included previously unpublished
materials makes sense, although after seeing Paine, DeVoto,  and Neider's
works cited, I guess I can't quite shake the feeling that that Kiskis should
at least get a gold star for publishing an edition of the autobiography
without "editing" Twain's text. This is coupled with a sense of gratitude
that we now will finally have a well-edited comprehensive edition.

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books
9307 Glenlake Drive