From:
Minoru Okabayashi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 1995 17:03:53 -0700
Dr.Harold beaver ,the author of _Huck Finn_,introduces Twain's letter to
his mother from New York in 1853 to show his resentment to "the liberties
enjoyed in the North by blacks" as follows; "to wade through  this mass of
human vermin,would raise the ire of the most patient person that ever
lived...I reckon I had better black my face,for in these Eastern states
niggers are considerably better than white people." But I cannot find any
latter part of passage of this letter in Mark Twain's Letter in any
editions. Can anyone inform me of the correct resource of this  latter
passage begginig with "I reckon...white people"?

Minoru Okabayashi