Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 Jan 2023 11:08:55 -0800
There is very little mention of Quarry Farm in the Day By Day entries
for the summer of 1880.  The family was in Elmira from June to
September.  There was the birth of Jean and Livy seems to have been ill
for the duration of their stay - which seems to have been limited to the
Langdon home in Elmira.  Twain finished the Prince and the Pauper and
there is some mention of his spending ten days at Quarry Farm at the
beginning of July.

  I suppose I will need to dig through some of his biographies for
details but I hope for some leads and/or suggestions from Twain-L
members about Twain's time at Quarry Farm for this season.  I suspect he
may  have just walked there and back when he wanted time to write.

Even though "Twain's Geography" is no longer on-line, I continue to work
on it.

--
/Unaffiliated Geographer and Twain aficionado/