From:
Hilary Shelton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 11:32:04 -0400
Apr 24, 2013
Best seller, CONNECTED's co-author, JAMES FOWLER, PhD is the KEYNOTE
speaker at the 2013 Annual NICE Knowledge Exchange, May 23rd

* Co-author of best seller, CONNECTED: The surprising power of social
networks and how they shape our lives, JAMES FOWLER, PhD is the KEYNOTE
speaker at the 2013 Annual NICE Knowledge Exchange, May 23rd - Hart House,
University of Toronto. * In his keynote, Dr. Fowler will reveal the
dynamics of these social networks and will present compelling evidence on
the profound influence they have on our health, wealth, and even happiness.

In *Connected*, the authors explain why emotions are contagious, how health
behaviours spread, why the rich get richer, even how we find and choose our
partners. Intriguing and entertaining, Connected overturns the notion of
the individual and provides a revolutionary paradigm - that social networks
influence our ideas, emotions, health, relationships, behaviour, politics
and much more. It will change the way we think about every aspect of our
lives.

The 2013 Knowledge Exchange will also feature interactive workshops
including: *Elder Abuse*-Using deception: Fraudulent Offences and
Preventative Approaches with *Dr. Thomas Goergen*; *Depression* with *Dr.
Lesley Wiesenfeld*; *Sexuality & Aging* with *Valerie Barr* and *Environment
& Aging *with *Dr. Samir Sinha*.

    The NICE Theme Team Sessions will focus on Caregiving with *Dr. Peter
Donahue*; Dementia Care with *Dr. Peter Whitehouse*; Economic Security &
Financial Literacy-Planning for Retirement with *FCAC's Roger Dowdall*;
Elder Abuse-NICE National Prevalence Study with *Dr. Ariela Lowenstein*;
End of Life - Shared Care with *Dr. Christopher Klinger*; Ethnicity & Aging
with *Dr. Ho Hon Leung*; Law & Aging-Predatory Marriages with *Prof. Albert
Oosterhoff* and Mental Health-Mood Disorders with *Dr. Robert Madan.*

 *
*

*  * *  *

NICE is also pleased to sponsor a *STUDENT POSTER COMPETITION.*

 *
*

 *  * *  *

* For more information and to register visit : *  * http://www.niceke.ca/ *
<http://www.niceke.ca/>

 *
 * *  * <http://www.niceke.ca/>

*  * *  *

We look forward to welcoming you all in May.

 *National Initiative for the Care of the Elderly (NICE)*
* Initiative nationale pour le soin des personnes âgées (INSPA) *
263 McCaul Street, Room 328
Toronto, Ontario M5T 1W7 Canada
Phone: 416-978-0545 Fax: 416-978-4771
http://www.nicenet.ca