From:
"Walker, Lloyd" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2016 15:57:22 +0000
Dr. Hochbruck--
I'm sure you'll hear from some more qualified than I, but I highly recommend Andrew Levy's (2016) book Huck Finn's America: Mark Twain and the Era that Shaped His Masterpiece. I found some fascinating material about the influence of current events and the minstrel tradition. Not sure how new it is, and it was reviewed on this list I think, so maybe you've seen it.
Dan Walker

L. D. (Dan) Walker, Ed.D.

Instructor, Foundations and English Methods

EducateVA, VCCS

   "Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em." (Shakespeare: Twelfth Night)