From:
Larry Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2019 18:41:00 +0000
Martha--

I'm not sure what you mean by "thinly veiled," because the comparisons in the thread you're on were fairly explicit.  But in so far as Sam Clemens's activities in business have been a frequently discussed topic, it seems appropriate to make comparisons between his business experiences and Mark Twain's writings about business and finance, on the one hand, and corresponding experience of others, on the other hand--whether those others were his contemporaries, like Carnegie, or are our contemporaries.

As for the vaccine controversy--please share the Twain references you have in mind.

Best,

--LH

Larry Howe
Professor of English & Film Studies