From:
Joanne Roulston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 11:47:44 -0500
Debbie Bang wrote:

> I am working with the Hamilton-Wentworth Public Health Department to
> make health information more available to the Punjabi community.  We are
> looking for written,  easy-to-understand Punjabi language, health
> information to supplement audiotory tapes that we are planning to
> develop.
>
> If you are aware of anyone/groups that have or are developing any
> written material in Punjabi, we would be delighted if you could forward
> their names and numbers or email to us.
>
> Thank you very much for your assistance.
>
> Debbie Bang
> Coordinator/Researcher
> St. Joseph’s Community Health Centre
> Consumer Health Information Centre
> 2757 King Street East
> Hamilton, Ontario  L8G 5E4
> (905)  573-7777 ext. 8054
> (905) 573-4828 FAX
> web site: www.stjosham.on.ca
TRY THE FAMILY AND CHILD HEALTH UNIT AT HEALTH CANADA (BEWARE THAT THEY
ARE FOND OF CHANGING THEIR UNIT TITLE, AND I THINK IT HAS BEEN THROUGH
SEVERAL SINCE THIS ONE!)  TRY JUDY WATSON.

I KNOW THEY HAD DEVELOPED OR WERE AWARE OF SOME WORK IN MANY LANGUAGES.

THE OTHER PLACE IS WESTCOAST CHILD CARE RESOURCE CENTRE IN VANCOUVER,
WHICH HAS A VERY RESPECTED MULTICULTURAL COMPONENT WITH MULTILINGUAL
WORK ON MANY FAMILY RELATED TOPICS.

GOOD LUCK
--
Senior Researcher and Policy Advisor/Conseillère principale en
politiques et recherche