From:
Paule Simard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 09:18:13 -0500
Hi!

I think Alan McFarlane need a reply...

>Ridiculously, the Bloc turned a youth protection issue into a "english
Canada vs. french canada" issue by saying the bill would affect Quebeckers
negatively more than anyone else.

I think that you are right about the fact that the debate should not be
turn as a "english Canada vs. french canada" issue.

>... Couldn't the Bloc see that they should protect their citizens
>MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE, rather than defend evil?

Evil... Are you not going to far... Is tobacco struggle (and health
promotion) THE new religion???

>The more
>I hear about the Blocs actions, the more unbelievable I find it that
>anyone voted for them and would want them representing their interests
>in democracy.

I find quite offensive that someone who wants to protect health and
democracy, find >unbelievable< that anybody would vote for the Blocs. I am
quite sure that you could find people from all around Canada that would say
the same thing about the Liberal, the Conservative and Reform parties...

I think that health ask also for respect for others.

Have a good day...