From:
Kevin Bochynski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Bochynski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 2021 15:11:14 +0000
Judith,

It's been so long since I have posted, I forgot that Listserv is plain text only.
The links should work if you cut and paste them into your browser.

Kevin B.

*****

I found this video on YouTube last week while searching for recordings of Ossip G's. performances.

The film posted in November 2020 demonstrates Ossip's playful nature. It also features brief footage of Clara and Nina enjoying the mirth. (Thanks to Mallory Howard at The Mark Twain House for confirming the identity of the women. )

The footage may have been taken at the office building in which O.G.'s office was located near the top floor. (See the first link at the end of this page.) If anyone can identify the location, please share.

The first link below is to a feature from the Mark Twain Forum web site that was first posted in June of 2002. It seemed to be a fitting accompaniment to the video.

John McCabe* was a theater biographer and Shakespearean scholar. We met Dr. McCabe through our mutual friend the late Bill Erwin, actor and Mark Twain Forum member.

http://twainweb.net/filelist/Og.pdf

*
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCabe_(writer)

Cheers,