From:
Philip Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 2020 17:23:12 -0400
Hey Scott, I am a newer Mark Twain scholar.  When I give talks, I talk
about how close Twain got to Sandusky OH where I live.  In his 1869
lecture tour, he probably criss-crossed here.
He spoke in Cleveland and then went to Toledo and then back  to Norwalk
(about 10 miles south of Sandusky).  Do you happen to know his route?
There was the Lake Shore Electric Railroad that went between Toledo and
Cleveland with Sandusky mid-line and Norwalk on another trunk.   Can you
possibly confirm that he took the Lake Shore Electric?    Thanks, Phil