From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2021 12:52:35 -0700
I've finished with an attempt to determine the railroads traveled by
Mark Twain on his Our Fellow Savages Tour.

http://twainsgeography.com/content/our-fellow-savages-1869-70

Most of the lines are from the 1870 Railroads as mapped by Railroads and
the Making of Modern America
<http://twainsgeography.com/bibcite/reference/31>

Many lines are approximations and several have no name designations.  I
have attempted to determine the names of the railroads using the USGS
quads but digitized maps do not exist prior to the 1880's and sometimes
no earlier than the 1920s.

This page on my site consists of a title page and 6 additional pages for
portions of the tour.

The tour chronology comes from http://www.twainquotes.com/