From:
William Robison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2013 10:36:23 -0500
I am seeking the advice of list members about a new project related to Mark
Twain and the Tudors.

I am a Professor of History and Head of the Department of History and
Political Science at Southeastern Louisiana University. My principal area
of expertise is Tudor England, and my most recent publication, co-authored
with Sue Parrill, is a book titled *The Tudors on Film and Television*
(McFarland
2013), about which you can learn more at www.tudorsonfilm.com.

I have been interested for a long time in Mark Twain’s fascination with the
Tudors and the manner in which he depicts them, most obviously in *The
Prince and the Pauper*, *1601*, Tom Sawyer’s hilarious butchering of
history in *Huckleberry Finn*, and his observations about Shakespeare, but
also in comments sprinkled through other writings. Although a good bit has
been written about *The Prince and the Pauper*, there seems to be no
broader survey of Twain and the Tudors.

Having written about the Tudors in popular culture and read extensively in
Twain’s corpus, I am in the early stages of writing such a study. I have
contacted the Huntington Library, the Mark Twain Papers and Project at the
University of California at Berkeley, and several online Twain sites, and I
have begun compiling a bibliography.

However, I will be most grateful for any suggestions that list members may
have. Thanks!

Bill
--
William B. Robison, PhD
Department Head / Professor of History
Department of History and Political Science
Southeastern Louisiana University
SLU 10895
Hammond LA 70402
985-549-2109 phone
985-549-2012 fax
http://www.selu.edu/acad_research/depts/hist_ps/index.html

Check out *The Tudors on Film and Television*, by Sue Parrill and William
B. Robison (McFarland 2013) and the interactive website,
http://www.tudorsonfilm.com/.

History teaches students to read intelligently, think analytically, write
clearly, accurately assess past trends, rationally predict future
developments, and understand the real world. Now *that** *is
workforce-ready!

"A young horse is fast, but an old horse knows what's going on." – Muddy
Waters

Free Пусси Райот!