Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2023 11:43:08 -0400
From:
Matthew Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Judd wrote an article about the "Mark Twain Association" for *Overland
Monthly *in 1929. It's available via Internet Archive. I have a pet theory
that she represents an alternative, feminist infrastructure for Twain
Studies, which was shouldered out by Cyril Clemens's arch-conservative Mark
Twain Society and other fledgling Twain orgs of the midcentury, but this
theory isn't based on much, since I also have not visited her papers.

*Matt Seybold, PhD*
Associate Professor of American Literature & Mark Twain Studies
Scholar-in-Residence, Center for Mark Twain Studies
Editor, MarkTwainStudies.org
Host, The American Vandal Podcast
<https://marktwainstudies.com/the-american-vandal-podcast/>

Peterson Chapel Vestry, Cowles Hall