Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 18:55:02 +0000
From: Larry Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
John--

Thanks for sending that link to the Daily Show's take on the bowdlerized edition from New South Books. Larry Wilmore was always a highlight.  But I think he didn't read the zeitgeist as well as he thought.  The _HF_'s use of the N-word still generates a lot of controversy.

--LH

L​arry Howe
Editor, Studies in American Humor
Professor Emeritus of English & Film Studies
Roosevelt University
Past president, Mark Twain Circle of America