From:
"J. Dean" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2017 20:27:46 -0500
Thank you.  That's about the way I understood you initially.

Hannibal is in an almost unique position.  So much of the character of the place is reflected in the stories that there has to be a constant tug of war going on between the historical and the fictional.  Names of places ..... well, hills anyway ..... change to follow the story line.  The house is restored historically, but with an eye toward the stories as well.  And on and on.

I inherited my love of the place from my wife, who always planned a stop there when she would travel to Vermont to attend Breadloaf in Vermont during the summers.  It's a very special and uniquely American place.  It holds a lot of memories for me ..... real and fictional.

Jerry

Sent from my iPad