Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 1 Oct 2022 09:32:19 -0700
In my fooling around with Twain's travels I have not found a reference
to his visiting Harper's Ferry.  The location does come up in those
works dealing with Twain's relationships with "abolitionists".  I have
been parsing Day By Day for inclusion in Twain's Geography but I have
not worked through  the years 1882 to 1896 yet.  On seeing this query,
however, I tried grebbing through text files derived from the Day By Day
pdfs but found nothing on Harper's Ferry.  The search is a bit
complicated due to the large number of references to Harpers and
Harper's - not to mention individuals named Harper.  Harper's Ferry is
not included in my gazetteer on Twain's Geography.

--
/Unaffiliated Geographer and Twain aficionado/