From:
Cari Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2012 14:56:23 -0300
Dear friends and colleagues,

** Please distribute information about this activity challenge widely **.  Last year we had 500 participants from all over the world!

Best wishes,

Cari Patterson

Spring has arrived and with it, the Horizons' annual Spring Into Action Challenge!

Spring Into Action is an annual challenge that Horizons Community Development Associates Inc. issues to our colleagues, friends and families. This year it takes place from April 23rd to June 3rd. The purpose of the campaign is for all of us to get physically active, and fit for summer!

**Challenge Details:**

 Our challenge runs for six weeks, beginning Monday April 23rd and ending Sunday June 3rd, 2012.
 The goal is for members of each team to accumulate at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day for five days each week.
 30 minutes of activity can be accumulated throughout a 24- hour period in a minimum of 10-minute blocks of time.
 There is an opportunity for every team and individual to win a weekly prize draw as long as they meet their 30 minutes per day for five days a week.
 The Individual Winner's Grand Prize is $100 to be used toward anything the winner would like, related to physical activity (e.g., new running shoes, swim passes, family outings to the gym).
 All the participants who achieved the goal of 30 minutes a day for five days each week, for the whole six weeks of the challenge will be entered into a Grand Prize draw at the end of the Challenge!
 As a Team prize, Horizons Community Development Associates Inc. will make a $150 donation (in the winning Team's name) to a local sport/recreation fund for kids, chosen by the Team with the greatest proportion of participants who meet our weekly goal for the duration of the Challenge.

**Activity Ideas:**

Light Effort: Light walking, Gardening, Stretching, Frisbee, Housework

Moderate: Housework, Brisk walking, Yard Work, Swimming, Dancing, Golfing

Vigorous: Jogging, Soccer, Basketball, Fast Biking, Ultimate Frisbee

So get your household and/or co-workers together to make a team (because you are going to be out and about more, we are suggesting a maximum of 10-15 people per team), grab your sneakers, get outside, enjoy the fresh air, have fun, and of courseā€¦ SPRING Into Action!

To register, have your Team Captain visit us online at http://www.horizonscda.ca and enter your Team details and members on the online registration form. Be sure to note your User Name and Password when you register. You will receive an email from us before the Challenge with your registration details and instructions for submitting your time over the six weeks of the Challenge.

Deadline for registrations is April 18th, 2012.

For more information or details about the Challenge, please contact Josephine at [log in to unmask]

You can also find us on Facebook by clicking here.
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/edit/?id=139535450482#/pages/Horizons-Spring-Into-Action/139535450482>

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Josephine, Spring Into Action Coordinator

To forward this message use
http://www.horizonscda.ca/sia/?p=forward&uid=d8eece655e87266ff669e124d312d15f&mid=13.