SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
"Fay, Krissa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:45:10 -0500
Putting the Health in Health Care
Canadians' #1 social concern is HEALTH. Are government budgets hitting the mark? Does having an MRI a week faster equate with wellness? Or are we dumbing down our concept of health?
Safe water and food, healthy workplaces, community involvement, a clean environment, education and childcare promote wellness and prevent illnesses such as diabetes and cancer.
Are we adequately funding prevention? Is the time ripe to demand that our dollars 'care about health'? Come hear our speakers and share your ideas on the 'apple a day' that will achieve health for all.
Panel:
Wayne Roberts: Toronto Food Policy Council, Toronto Public Health
Erica Di Ruggiero: Canadian Institute of Population and Public Health, Canadian Institutes of Health Research
Norman Rowan: Pathways to Education, Regent Park Community Health Centre
Moderator Amanuel Melles: Organizational Capacity Building, United Way of Greater Toronto
THURSDAY APRIL 7, 2005
7:30-9:30 p.m.
St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts
27 Front Street East, Toronto
2 blocks east of Union Station
FREE ADMISSION
capacity 500, first come, first seated
416-366-1656 * <http://forum.stlc.com/>
Join our e-list: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>