SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Carlos Quinonez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2007 13:39:08 -0400
I'm glad someone from the boat answered!

And I agree, people generally misunderstand, or at least aren't
willing to face the impacts they have on the world.

Cars would not be a morally/socially viable option if people were more
responsible in terms of their actions.

Individualism gone mad I tell you! Mad!

I once read a paper stating that public health education should also
target the aforementioned fat cats, and not just those 'at risk.'

I tend to agree there too.

I've spent many a holiday season berating family members on their
habits, and surprisingly, some have bought transit passes (and
actually use them), and some now even try to buy as much local food as
is possible or tolerable to them.

Every bit counts!

CQ