SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2024 14:57:14 +0000
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2024 9:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Please join the Critical Public Health Network and support JCPH!

Dear CPHN members

At our open meetings for the Network Jiscmail subscribers, we agreed to try a paid membership model to the network that will support its activities and fund the community’s new open-access Journal of Critical Public Health.

Memberships are now open!  A regular membership costs £40/year and £15 for a subsidised membership (students/unwaged).
Many thanks to those who have already become a member. If you are willing to join to support the new journal and the network’s activities, please do so here:

https://cphn.net/join/

Publishing costs money for professional services such as copyediting and typesetting, and open-access journals require a means of paying these costs. As we are committed, at least in the short-term, to ‘diamond’ open access journal (with no charges for authors), a membership drive is our main means of supporting the production costs of the journal.  Members attending the meetings were generally in favour of fundraising from membership of the Network to cover some of the basic resourcing needed to maintain an open-access journal for the community.

Membership of the network is a contribution to the community: those who do not wish to or cannot pay can, of course, still subscribe to this Jiscmail list, use the website, and read and submit to the journal.  Membership will entitle members to attend and vote at the formal annual meeting and access to members-only content on the website, which currently includes a member directory and critical public health teaching resources (more content coming soon).  Some members were also keen to make larger contributions to the start-up of the journal: we therefore offer a one-off Founder Member contribution (£150) for those with the means of supporting the network in this way.

The first issue of Journal of Critical Public Health is published here:

https://journalhosting.ucalgary.ca/index.php/jcph/issue/archive

And the second issue is well underway.

Best wishes

The CPHN Committee