SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Samantha Battams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 2009 10:09:21 +1030
Australian references on housing for people with mental illness.

Also see the Australian Housing Urban Research Institute (AHURI) site: http://www.ahuri.edu.au/ The AHURI project "Effective program linkages - an examination of current knowledge with a particular emphasis on people with mental illness" at http://www.ahuri.edu.au/publications/projects/p50018 has a number of relevant publications. Some recent AHURI studies on housing for people with disability by Andrew Beer would also be relevant: "The housing careers of people with a disability and carers of people with a disability" (2009) and "Housing assistance, social inclusion and people with a disability" (2009).

We now have a homelessness clearinghouse website in Australia too: http://www.homelessnessinfo.net.au/

Policy processes to achieve appropriate housing for people with psychiatric disability was the topic of my phd study. Here is a link to the thesis, which also has some ideas about and useful references on housing models: http://catalogue.flinders.edu.au/local/adt/public/adt-SFU20080926.215213/
Here is a link to a short paper on the thesis: http://www.sprc1.sprc.unsw.edu.au/ASPC2009/abstract.asp?PaperID=321

I hope you find this helpful.

regards
Sam Battams