SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Patricia Paton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:44:16 -0600
Yes, LinkedIn is a commercial site.  I question why it is an issue that we must "beware".  It has free basic accounts, and is widely used for professional networking.  It is also helpful to remember that for many working people, some of the "standard" social media sites are blocked (ie Facebook) and if you want to reach out a network, you have to be prepared to use multiple platforms.  Don't automatically reject a process based on "commercial" - after all, all of our computers were provided by "commercial" suppliers.

Trish