SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:30:15 -0600
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Rachel Rapaport Beck <[log in to unmask]>
RESEARCH AND POLICY ASSOCIATE - Winnipeg
Maternity Leave replacement to start April 17, 2006
0.80 position, 12 months

The Prairie Women's Health Centre of Excellence is looking for a
highly-motivated and knowledgeable person to complement our staff during
a maternity leave.  We are looking for a person with the right
combination of skills and background to facilitate community-based
research and policy development in Manitoba, and who will assist with
regular co-ordination of activities from our Winnipeg office.  Our
current areas of focus are related to health issues of Aboriginal women,
women living in poverty, rural, northern and remote- living women, and
gender in health planning. This individual will report to the Executive
Director and the Research Manager and will be responsible for providing
continuity, planning and implementation of the Centre's research,
communications and policy advice programs in Manitoba.  The incumbent
will work with research team members, consultants and community
organizations.

Candidates for this key position will have the following
qualifications, skills and experience:

A solid knowledge and understanding of women's health issues in
Manitoba and Saskatchewan;
Proven experience in team building and co-ordinating projects;
A demonstrated understanding of qualitative research methods, including
community-based research;
Demonstrated knowledge and experience in issues affecting the health of
Aboriginal women;
Excellent interpersonal, outreach and team development skills,
including experience working with diverse groups;
Post-graduate education in a relevant discipline or an equivalent
combination of education and experience;
Demonstrated clear writing and speaking skills;
Ability to work independently, setting work priorities and schedules;
Ability to exercise initiative, independent judgement and
problem-solving skills.

This position will be located in our Winnipeg office. Candidates will
occasionally be asked to work a non-standard work week and to travel.

Please submit three copies of your resume, three references and
examples of your professional writing by March 20, 2006 to:

The Search Committee
Prairie Women's Health Centre of Excellence
Administrative Centre
56 The Promenade
Winnipeg, MB   R3B 3H9
Telephone: (204) 982-6630
Fax: (204) 982-6637
Website www.pwhce.ca

Prairie Women's Health Centre of Excellence
56 The Promenade
Winnipeg, MB  R3B 3H9
Tel: (204) 982-6630
Fax: (204) 982-6637
www.pwhce.ca

RESEARCH DIRECTOR - Saskatchewan
0.75 position, to March 31, 2008 with possible extension

The Prairie Women's Health Centre of Excellence is looking for a
highly-motivated and knowledgeable person to complement our staff and
serve as the lead in our Research Program. We require someone with the
right combination of skills and background to facilitate community-based
research in Manitoba and Saskatchewan, and who will assist with regular
co-ordination of activities in Saskatchewan. This individual will report
to the Executive Director and will be responsible for providing
continuity, planning and implementation of the Centre's research,
including developing multi-sectoral research teams and writing grant
proposals and submissions.  The incumbent will work with research team
members, consultants and community organizations.  PWHCE invites
applications from candidates with faculty appointments, as secondments
or buy-outs could be arranged.

Candidates for this key position will have the following
qualifications, skills and experience:

 	Post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline;
 	Eligible to be grant recipient;
 	Demonstrated success in writing grant proposals and
submissions;
 	Solid knowledge and understanding of women's health issues in
Manitoba and Saskatchewan;
 	Proven experience in team building and co-ordinating projects;
 	Demonstrated understanding of qualitative research methods,
including community-based research;
 	Demonstrated knowledge and experience in issues affecting the
health of Aboriginal women;
 	Excellent interpersonal, outreach and team development skills,
including experience working with diverse groups;
 	Demonstrated clear writing and speaking skills;
 	Ability to work independently, setting work priorities and
schedules;
 	Ability to exercise initiative, independent judgement and
problem-solving skills.

This position will be located in Saskatchewan, at our Regina or
Saskatoon offices. Other locations will be considered.  Candidates will
occasionally be asked to work a non-standard work week and be able to
travel.

Please submit three copies of your resume, three references and
examples of your professional writing by March 27, 2006 to:

The Search Committee