SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
"Campbell, Carolynn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2012 15:15:21 -0500
Thank you for this reference.  It is still there on the web in 6
wonderful parts. I believe it is useful as a teaching aid. I
particularly like segments 3 & 4.  Segment 4 I would love to see
included in our family medicine resident's prenatal curriculum.  I am
fairly confident they know the science, but seeing the 60 year impact of
the 1944 Dutch winter hits home the point. Prenatal care is where the
prevention for diabetes and blood pressure problems start.

Carolynn Campbell MSW RSW

The Ottawa Hospital Academic Family Health Team,
210 Melrose Avenue,
Ottawa, ON, Canada
K1Y 4K7

Tel: 613-798-5555 ext 17670     Fax: 613-761-4200
"Health workers have an obligation to address the issue of poverty
directly rather than remain content to deal with its effects." D.
Raphael