SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:09:14 -0500

NEW POSTINGS AVAILABLE ON THE
CHILDCARE RESOURCE AND RESEARCH UNIT’S WEBSITE
24-Feb-06

WHAT’S NEW

 >> Can parents afford to work? Childcare costs, tax-benefit policies
and work incentives
Report from the OECD calculates the net cost of purchasing centre-based
childcare in OECD countries; identifies the “policy features that
present barriers to work for parents.”
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85307

 >> Final report: ELCC sector study
Report for the Government of Saskatchewan discusses existing levels of
training and the training needs of the ELCC workforce in Saskatchewan.
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85305

 >> Final report and recommendations of the Commission on Improving Work
Report for the Saskatchewan Ministry of Labour recommends raising the
child care subsidy eligibility levels and the amount of subsidy.
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85306

 >> Balanced Budget 2006
Budget from the Government of British Columbia restores funding to the
Ministry of Children and Family Development.
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85304

CHILD CARE IN THE NEWS

 >> Will we create rural child care options? [CA-NB]
by Petitpas-Taylor, Ginette / New Brunswick Times & Transcript , 23 Feb 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85294

 >> Tories move quickly to scrap Liberal child-care plan [CA]
Canadian Press, 23 Feb 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85296

 >> Conservative child care change 'huge disappointment': Higgins [CA-SK]
CBC News Online – Saskatchewan, 22 Feb 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85295

 >> Parents looking for daycare fee solutions [CA-AB]
by Gill, Kevin / Jasper Booster, 22 Feb 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85299

 >> PM vowing to ease daycare cash cut-off [CA]
by Whittington, Les & Gordon, Sean / Toronto Star, 22 Feb 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85303

 >> Great disservice to toss agreements [CA]
by Savoie, Yves / Toronto Star, 21 Feb 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85297

 >> Harper child care plan hits poor families, council told [CA-ON]
by Sher, Jonathan / London Free Press, 21 Feb 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85300

 >> Immigrants hit hard by day-care shortage [CA-NS]
CBC News Online, 21 Feb 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85302

 >> No Liberal child care deal, says Flaherty [CA]
by Weeks, Carly / CanWest News Service, 20 Feb 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85301

This message was forwarded through the Childcare Resource
and Research Unit e-mail news notifier. For information on the
CRRU e-mail notifier, including instructions for (un)subscribing,
see http://www.childcarecanada.org

The Childcare Resource and Research Unit
University of Toronto, Canada