SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Céu Mateus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:32:01 +0100
Announcing: A call for abstracts and workshop proposals for
the 26th PCS International Working Conference in Munich, Germany
from 15th - 18th September 2010

For more conference details, please visit the conference site at: http://www.pcsi2010.org/

CALL FOR PAPERS
Papers on any relevant topic related to patient classification
systems are most welcome. Papers will be selected from those
submitted by a scientific committee. We also welcome workshops
proposals and poster presentations.

ABSTRACT Submission Deadline 14th June 2010

PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOP Submission Deadline 31st, May 2010

To submit your abstract, workshop proposal, or poster, either
visit the conference website and click on the link or go directly
to http://pcsi2009.abstractcentral.com
If you have problems submitting your abstract please contact
Jason Sutherland: [log in to unmask]

The theme of the conference is: "What Do We Get for our Money".
Discussions in many countries are around the question:
"Can we connect case-mix information to clinical outcomes and
payment? Please submit an abstract or workshop on the
following topics:

· Cost calculations: Do you know your unit costs, marginal costs
and profit from the different elements of production?

· Coding is always an issue: Did you perform projects concerning
coding quality, coding assessment or investigate the coding
effects on case-mix results?

· Classification development: an all-time classic! What are the
new developments, cross-sector work, episode of care, etc.
Topics on costing for case-mix, including product costing and
case-costing will be relevant.

· International: The core of PCS/I! We want to learn from the
experiences from as many countries as possible from around the
World and encourage international know-how transfer. Come share
relevant news from your country!

· Innovation funding: Medical innovation is moving forward
medicine, quality, life-expectancy and cost! Mechanisms of
innovation funding and how innovations find their way in your
healthcare system are of interest. "Innovation funding" will be
a complete separate tier on each conference day!

Authors will be notified of acceptance in early July 2010.

Please forward this e-mail to your colleagues that may be
interested in PCSI news and information and ask them to join
the mailing list by visiting: http://www.pcsinternational.org/

Thank you
Jugna Shah, MPH
Secretary, PCSI