SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Wayne Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 16:39:17 -0500
Hi all
I'm interested in your thoughts or information you have that could help
me assess the relative risk of nutrient-negative foods (ie foods with
trans fats) and social determinants. Please write me at [log in to unmask]

This is for a newspaper article
thanks
Wayne
>>> [log in to unmask] 11/21/04 03:40pm >>>
Hello all,
I have question to pose to the group and would appreciate any insight
or resources you might direct me to.

Given that:  Social exclusion encompasses the various forms of
exclusion such as low income, poor housing, and food insecurity.  It
also describes the way in which social and economic policies and
processes adversely affect citizens.

At any given time, is the effect of social exclusion greater than the
sum of all the "separate" forms of exclusion + exclusionary policies and
processes?  What I am asking is: Is there research about the something
unique to social exclusion... some sort of "extra" effect that results
from experiencing mulitple forms of exclusion?  I expect there is some
type of formula other than merely adding the effects together...can
anyone provide some insight about how the concept of social exlusion has
been linked to health?

vanessa

the subject header --  to [log in to unmask]
SIGNOFF SDOH

DO NOT SEND IT BY HITTING THE REPLY BUTTON. THIS SENDS THE MESSAGE TO
THE ENTIRE LISTSERV AND STILL DOES NOT REMOVE YOU.

To subscribe to the SDOH list, send the following message to
[log in to unmask] in the text section, NOT in the subject header.

Include in the Subject, its content, and location and date, if
relevant.

To receive messages only once a day, send the following message to
SET SDOH DIGEST

To view the SDOH archives, go to:
http://listserv.yorku.ca/archives/sdoh.html