AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Liz Mayville <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Liz Mayville <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2006 17:32:39 -0400
The Archives Association of Ontario is proud to present this year's Annual Conference on "The Philosophy of Archives"
June 7-9th at MacMaster University in lovely Hamilton Ontario.

This year's sessions will address a wide range of topics on archival practice and theory and promises to raise awareness of how the philosophy of archives directs our work on a daily basis. Such topics includes the philosophy of private/personal archives, electronic records and the challenge they present to archival theory and practice, and the function of archives in museums.

In addition to such thought provoking sessions, Peter C. Newman will be our guest speaker at the opening reception and Ian Wilson, Librarian and Archivist of Canada, will start the first full day of sessions as our keynote speaker.

Hope to see you all there!

Conference information and registration forms can be found at
<http://aao.fis.utoronto.ca/aa/AAOThePhilosophyofArchives.pdf>
Register Now!
forms can be faxed to the AAO Office: 416-533-1481

.