SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

Sender:
From:
Sarena Seifer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 14:42:40 -0800
Linda,

You may be interested in this literature review compiled by PolicyLink,
available at  http://www.policylink.org/CHB/
The CEO of PolicyLink, Angela Glover Blackwell, is the closing keynote
speaker for the next Community-Campus Partnerships for Health
conference, May 31-June 3, 2006 in Minneapolis, MN.  Registration is
now open at www.ccph.info

The Influence of Community Factors on Health: An Annotated Bibliography
provides insight into the findings of researchers who have investigated
community effects on health, and the program and policy implications that
can be drawn from their work. Developed by PolicyLink, and funded by The
California Endowment, this annotated bibliography contains summaries of
over 150 articles, reports, and books on how environmental, social, and
economic conditions of community life affect health. This unprecedented
collection of sources will be useful to foundations, practitioners,
researchers, instructors, community-based organizations and policymakers
who are working to reduce the higher rates of certain diseases and chronic
conditions among low-income communities of color.

Sarena
Community-Campus Partnerships for Health
www.ccph.info