SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
"Potvin, Melissa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2014 13:36:43 +0000
Building Leadership from the Community Up

Where is the leadership we need to solve our most pressing community problems? It's all around us. Paul Schmitz, author of Everyone Leads: Building Leadership from the Community Up, and founder of Public Allies, will inspire participants to see new leadership possibilities within themselves and their communities. A set of practices that will help leaders be more effective at bringing diverse people and groups together to solve problems will be highlighted along with illustrative stories and example. Not everyone can lead in every context, but everyone has the capacity to step up, take responsibility, and work with others on shared goals to strengthen our communities and address issues that influence health.

Join Paul Schmitz for this thought provoking discussion on leadership.
June 17
11am - 12noon

REGISTRATION http://www.eventbrite.ca/e/everyone-leads-building-leadership-from-the-community-up-tickets-11829970761?aff=eorg

Presented by the 3M Health Leadership Award. Nominate your leader today! http://www.healthnexus.ca/leadershipaward/index.html

Please note: Connection details will be sent to participants on Monday June 16th.