SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
jeff chiacchieri <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jeff chiacchieri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 22:10:41 -0700
I gotta jump in here,

I am not a medical professional, just an educated and experienced person who
has recovered from severe depression. I have recovered from severe
depression by getting away from all the drugs and addressing many
environmental and nutritional factors that EVERYONE seems to be ignoring. In
my experience the language of conventional wisdom articulates only the
perspective of current conventional medical and scientific ideologies, not
any unconventional biological or scientific realities the victim's
experience. Many professionals and intellectuals behave in a way that shows
they only care about factors recognized by their education and the resulting
intellectual ideology, dismissing any factors not controllable and
recognized by their education. That lead me to the fact these people,
usually due to vested conflicts of interest, are not acting intelligently,
they are acting stupid, selfish, or narrow minded, and wrecking my life,
making them just salespeople of conventional medicine. This only proves they
are just blind intellectuals and professionals. In my experiences that is
what exposes the fragility, close mindedness, and limitations of
conventional treatments. There was a time during many years of my life I
would wake up in the morning and dread the battle of the day. During those
years I usually felt worthless, confused, and exhausted. With the exception
of my children I avoided contact with as many people as possible. I had no
knowledge on how to control what was happening to me, no useful help from my
doctor, and that made me feel like a loser trapped with no way out. All of
that was a direct result of many detrimental nutritional and environmental
factors in my life. The tools I used to overcome that are the common sense
health factors spelled out in a guide I wrote and donated to the National
Network of Mental Health, they have it posted on there website www.nnmh.ca
If anyone wants to read it they can email me or get it off there site.  They
allow substantial reduction of the symptoms that originally brought me to
the failures of conventional healthcare treatments. Doctors have become
mid-level functionaries who carry out the orders of the government and Big
pharma. Due to imprecision the whole clinical examination process is
designed to encourage fraud. In my experiences we have a cold and
dysfunctional health care system. The only health benefit from ignoring so
many obvious detrimental nutritional and environmental health factors is it
has over the last few decades influenced many advances in pharmacology,
biochemistry, microbiology, virology, and molecular biology which have
altered our concept of illness and treatments. The sad part about that
advance is it was accomplished by promoting disrupted lives, illnesses,
disease, and cancer.
I ESCAPED!!!

It is so depressing to find yourself deprived in qualities you know you have
and value: intelligence, ability, energy and health. The further I allowed
many nutritional and environmental factors to manipulate those qualities the
more twisted your thinking becomes. In my own experience seeing a
psychologist I learned; you don't have to do anything especially worthy to
create or deserve self esteem. All you have to do is turn off that inner
voice, because that inner voice is wrong. Now what I taught myself beyond
that is; I cannot turn off that voice while exposing myself to the
detrimental nutritional and environmental factors that influence, support
and manipulate that voice. I saw a psychologist for about 6 months and it
didn't help me at the time, because therapy ignored the external factors
causing my problems. It was certainly not a waste though; I gained many
valuable tools I have used to evolve over the years. My key to physical and
emotional enlightment is the knowledge and ability to address the many
nutritional and environmental factors - that affect my energy - that affect
my thoughts - that affect my moods. Controlling those external environments
allows control of my internal events.

Jeff Chiacchieri