From:
Dave Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2023 13:20:29 -0400
He clearly wrote and published some highly negative comments. Did he ever
praise an Indigenous American, whether a fictional character or a real-life
person?

As we all know -- He was active and in the public eye in June, 1876 (Battle
of the Little Big Horn) and in December, 1890 (Wounded Knee Massacre).
'Wild West' shows were common before 1905. Certainly, once he returned to
residency in the US (during 1901) and was consulted by reporters for his
view on anything and everything. His anti-imperialist stance -- perhaps the
connection could be drawn -- was public from 1898 on, I believe.

DDD