SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

Sender:
From:
Anna Travers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2010 14:51:25 -0400
Hi

I am the Director of Rainbow Health Ontario,a province-wide program
designed to improve access to services and to promote the health of
Ontario's  lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities.
We are an example of applying population based health although we did not
use the models you mentioned in developing our program.

We provide the following services:
Information and outreach (including community capacity building)
Training and Education
Research and Policy

RHO aims to influence a variety of stakeholders including the LGBT
community, health and social care providers, policy and decision makers,
research institutes, educators and the general public.

Please check out our website: www.RainbowHealthOntario.ca for further
information.  Please contact me at 416-324-4168 if you are interested in
talking about this model of population health.

Anna Travers, MSW
Director