SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2017 12:21:15 -0800
Hi Everyone!
I am just writing a research proposal on maternity care for women in
Tanzania or possibly Ethiopia; our idea is to work with birthing women,
asking them about the components of a perinatal care model which would
serve their needs. Having worked in Canada in maternity care for many
years i am aware that most of our models are North American and/or
Western European. The WHO models seem to have been prepared by care
providers and there appears to be a small amount of scholarly literature
generated from any part of the African continent.
If any of you are aware of woman-centred models of
pregnancy/childbirth/postpartum care that emanate outside of North
America and Europe, any other part of the world, particularly if they
are community-generated, i would love to hear about them!

Warmest Wishes
farah

Dr Shroff