SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Bob Mather <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2011 19:57:18 -0500
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Linda Lalonde <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:13:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Summary of PRS rec's and Council additions & Anniversary date
To: Linda Lalonde <[log in to unmask]>

Hi folks,
While we were getting ready to do our visits with city councillors and
others, we realized that we didn't have a good short summary of what
is in the Poverty Reduction Strategy that included the basic
principles on which it was built, the 16 recommendations and the
various items that the Community & Protective Services Committee added
last January. The attached document pulls all of that together and is
what was actually approved by Council on February 10th, 2011.
Note that it will be 1 year ago tomorrow that Council adopted the
Strategy. Should we break out the bubbly or reserve our excitement for
the day we have total implementation?!?
At yesterday's meeting, we committed to sending it out to everyone.
This is a public document so feel free to share it with other people
and your networks.
Linda.