SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Andrew Pleasant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2012 16:10:25 -0700
Hello!

At the request of the U.S. Institute of Medicine Roundtable of  Health
Literacy, I am preparing a background paper on health literacy
activities around the world. To support that effort, I have created an
online survey tool to gather information on how health literacy is
being put into policy and practice in national, state, and local
governments, the European Union, the United Nations, the business
community, non-governmental and non-profit organizations, and within
the education sector.

Our goal is to learn what is going on in the field of health literacy
in as many nations as possible – and your assistance in both
responding to the survey and sharing the survey with your colleagues
is critically important. Please respond to the survey and please
forward this survey link and request for participation to your peers
and colleagues working in the field around the world.

You can find the survey at
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/global_health_literacy_listserv

A report will be made available based on the outcomes of this effort.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this project or
encounter any problems with the web site.

If you have previously received this invitation, you do not need to
respond to the survey again if you already have done so. If you have
not already done so – please do!

Thank you!

Andrew Pleasant

Andrew Pleasant, Ph.D.
Health Literacy and Research Director
Canyon Ranch Institute
8600 E. Rockcliff Road
Tucson, AZ 85750
Phone 520.239.8561, Ext. 4147

Canyon Ranch Institute is a 501(c)3 non-profit public charity.
For information, please visit canyonranchinstitute.org

DISCLAIMER: Note/Confidential: This message is intended only for the
use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee
or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended
distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by replying to the sender of this e-mail by return e-mail
or by telephone.