SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Ann Curry-Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2013 10:56:16 -0800
Hi Christa!

Sounds like a great job, and important work! All is well here in the
USA... but not really so well, when 1/3 of our local high school
students don't graduate on time, and well more than that occurs for
our students of colour. Among Native Americans, our graduation rate
plummeted to about 30%, and we have the 9th largest urban Native
population concentration in the USA.

What is the status of how well race and ethnicity/ancestry data are
collected by Canada's school districts?

And finally... do you have literature on the types of policy
initiatives that are successful in decreasing disparities? I'm in the
midst of a literature review on this topic.

Bye for now!

Ann

--
Ann Curry-Stevens