SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Brian Hyndman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2015 09:29:01 -0400
Thank you for sharing this Dennis - a very sad indictment of how badly
Canada has slipped over the past 30+ years.

I appreciate that your comparison focused on western, oil-producing
economies (Norway, Canada, and the U.S), but am curious about which
countries rated #1 on these indicators. I noticed that Norway didn't
score higher than #2 on any measure, and actually ranked lower on some
measures (e.g., public social expenditure and life expectancy) than I
had expected. Are there countries that scored #1 across multiple
indicators and what can we learn from them?

Brian Hyndman, MHSc, Phd (c)
School of Public Health and Health Systems
University of Waterloo