SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Kelly Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2016 12:23:54 -0300
Hi Dennis!
Wondering if you know of any expert contacts in the field of military
transition and/or education - we are embarking on discussions related to
a new education benefit for Veterans and wonder how best to incorporate
innovative thinking into our policy design options?
We are forseeing an in-person discussion next week in Ottawa - sorry
for the short notice!

Kelly Carter
A/Manager, Policy Development | Gestionnaire intérimaire du
développement de la politique
Policy Directorate|Direction de la politique
Veterans Affairs Canada | Anciens Combattants Canada
P.O. Box 7700 | C.P. 7700
Charlottetown PE C1A 8M9 | Charlottetown Î.-P.-É. C1A 8M9
Telephone | Téléphone 902-314-6446
Facsimile | Télécopieur 902-370-4533
mailto:[log in to unmask] )
 http://www.vac-acc.gc.ca

>>> Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]> 2016/05/12 9:26 AM >>>

That means the lowest-risk BMI is now in the overweight category,

dennis

Get a free copy of Social Determinants of Health: The Canadian Facts at
http://thecanadianfacts.org

Join 1200+ health leaders on the SDOH Listserv at
https://listserv.yorku.ca/archives/sdoh.html

Dennis Raphael, PhD
Professor of Health Policy and Management
Graduate Program Director, Health Policy and Equity
York University
4700 Keele Street
Room 418, HNES Building
Toronto, Ontario M3J 1P3
416-736-2100, ext. 22134
email: [log in to unmask]
Website:
http://health.info.yorku.ca/health-profiles/index.php?mid=162284

Of interest:

Social Determinants of Health: Canadian Perspectives, 3rd edition,
Forewords by Michael Butler and Maude Barlow, Carolyn Bennett and Roy
Romanow
http://tinyurl.com/hm5l4hn

Tackling Health Inequalities: Lessons from International Experiences
Foreword by Alex Scott-Samuel
http://www.cspi.org/books/tackling_health_inequalities

Poverty in Canada, 2nd edition,
Forewords by Rob Ranier and Jack Layton
http://www.cspi.org/books/poverty_canada

About Canada: Health and Illness
http://tinyurl.com/2c2tm6l

Health Promotion and Quality of Life in Canada: Essential Readings
http://tinyurl.com/3C8zteu

Staying Alive: Critical Perspectives on Health, Illness, and Health
Care, 2nd edition
Foreword by Gary Teeple
http://tinyurl.com/4xlu4up

See a presentation! The Political Economy of Health Inequalities.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NCTYqAub8g

Also, presentation at the University of Toronto on how Canada stacks up
again other nations in providing citizens with economic and social
security.
http://vimeo.com/33346501

See what Jack Layton had to say about my books!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/04/10/cv-election-ndp-layton-platform.html

at 27:20